Audio Link: Seth-PR Preface
Preface: I would say this is much more than an overview. Seth jumps right in revealing details of reality and experience. He will build upon these in the rest of the book. Note the conscious mind’s thoughts will be the tool for study as well as the material of study.
Set your mind to thinking about and watching for how the concepts will be built upon through out the rest of the book.
- Experience is the product of the mind, the spirit, conscious thoughts and feelings, and unconscious thoughts and feelings. These together form the reality that you know.
THESE FORM THE REALITY THAT YOU KNOW (not just your subjective view of reality)
- Seeming material occurrences are given birth by thoughts, expectations and desires
- Your thoughts studied point clearly to the nature of physical events. What exists physically exists first in thought and feeling. There is NO other rule.
- If you do not like your experience, then you must change the nature of your conscious thoughts and expectations.
- All consciousness has within it the deep abiding impetus to use its abilities fully, to expand its capacities, to venture joyfully beyond the seeming barriers of its own experience. The very consciousness within the smallest molecules cry out against such limitation. …
- Man has been endowed, and has endowed himself, with a conscious mind to direct the nature, shape and form of his creations.
- Only when it abdicates its function does it allow itself to become swayed by “negative” experience. Pg xviii
- You see and feel what you expect to see and feel. The world as you know it is a picture of your expectations.
- (of so-called negative thoughts and feelings) At no time will you be told to repress them, to ignore them.
- The exterior appearance is a replica of inner desire. You can change your personal world. You do change it without knowing it. You have only to use your ability consciously, to examine the nature of your thoughts and feelings and project those with which you basically agree. NPR Pg xix