Audio Link: Seth-PR-Ch02 Reality And Personal Beliefs
Ch02 – I would say Ch02 is one of the most important Chapters of NPR because:
- Ch 2 establishes what it means “You create your own reality”.
Without clearly realizing this concept and implications, the rest of Seth and this book is difficult to understand or comprehend.
It is so important, let me clarify: Were talking physical reality, the physical environment we appear to find ourselves within, not just our subjective perception of it.
The preface suggests and Ch01 introduced this and there are many sessions that will continue to emphasize and clarify. Ch02 reinforces and continues to expand on this concept. If in your study of Ch01 and Ch02 you haven’t concluded acceptance of this realization, read this sites blog pages like “You create your own reality”, before continuing the book.
- Physical data will always seem to reinforce the beliefs, therefore, but the beliefs formed the reality.
- First of all, you must realize that no one can change your beliefs for you, nor can they be forced upon you from without. You can indeed
change them for yourself, however, with knowledge and application.
- Look about you. Your entire physical environment is the materialization of your beliefs.
- Within you is the ability to change your ideas about reality and about
yourself, to create a personal living experience that is fulfilling to your-
self and others
- Your conscious beliefs direct the functioning of your body. It is not
the other way around.
- The beliefs of course will be accepted by you not as beliefs, but as
reality. Once you understand that you form your reality, then you must
begin to examine these beliefs by letting the conscious mind freely
examine its own contents.
- The basic beliefs however were always in your conscious mind, and
the reasons for your behavior. You simply had not examined its contents
with the realization that your beliefs were not necessarily reality, but
often your conceptions of it.
- I am not telling you to inhibit thoughts or feelings. I am asking that
you become aware of those you have. Realize that they form your reality in all of its aspects. Realize that your physical experience and environment is the materialization of your beliefs.
- The realization that you form your own reality should be a liberating
one. You are responsible for your successes and your joys. You can
change those areas of your life with which you are less than pleased, but
you must take the responsibility for your being.
- Ch 2 establishes that the Waking Conscious Self directs the activities of which will bring about all changes you seek to occur. By your conscious minds deciding what is believed, you and only you provide the foundation which the inner self implements.
- Your inner self adopts the physically conscious, physically focused mind as a method of allowing it to manipulate in the world that you know. The conscious mind is particularly equipped to direct outward activity, to handle waking experience and oversee physical work. Its beliefs about the nature of reality are then given to inner portions of the self. These rely mainly upon the conscious mind’s interpretation of temporal reality. The conscious mind sets the goals and the inner self brings them about, using all its facilities and inexhaustible energy.
- The great value of the conscious mind lies precisely in its ability to make decisions and set directions.
- I repeat: Your ideas and beliefs form the structure of your experience. Your beliefs and the reasons for them can be found in your conscious mind. If you accept the idea that the reasons for your behavior are forever buried in the past of this life, or any other, then you will not be able to alter your experience until you change that belief.
- It Identifies the grand purpose for life as we know it.
You are here to aid in the great expansion of consciousness.
Your spirit joined itself with flesh, and in flesh, to experience a world
of incredible richness, to help create a dimension of reality of
colors and of form. Your spirit was born in flesh to enrich a marvelous
area of sense awareness, to feel energy made into corporeal form. You
are here to use, enjoy, and express yourself through the body. You are
here to aid in the great expansion of consciousness. You are not here
to cry about the miseries of the human condition, but to change them
when you find them not to your liking through the joy, strength and vitality
that is within you; to create the spirit as faithfully and beautifully as you can in flesh.
- The conscious mind and ego’s power is incredibly flexible and powerful. It is
unquestioned by inner self in following its course of action directions.
The conscious mind allows you to look outward into the physical universe, and see the reflection of your spiritual activity, to perceive and assess your individual and joint creations.
Obviously the conscious mind is a phenomenon, not a thing. It is
ever-changing. It can be concentrated or turned by the ego in literally
endless directions. It can view outward reality or turn inward, observ-
ing its own contents.
There are gradations and fluctuations within its activity. It is far more
flexible than you give it credit for. (Pause.] The ego can use the conscious
mind almost entirely as a way of perceiving external or internal realities
that coincide with its own beliefs. It is not that certain answers do not lie
openly accessible, therefore, but that often you have set your-self on a
course of action in which you believe, and you do not want to
open yourself to any material that may contradict your current beliefs.
The Fabric of Experience, the medium within which psychological experience occurs, is your beliefs and expectations (personal ideas about yourself and the nature of Reality).
Of these you form your physical reality, experience, thoughts and affect emotions.
Thoughts and Emotions: are affected by your beliefs and expectations.