If you’ve been following much of this blog in the past, by now you know:
- all of physical reality is either recognized subjectively or it is unknown and for all practical purposes doesn’t exist.
- The fact is since physical reality must be subjectively observed before it can be scientifically known, it is NOT scientific to believe the prevalent notion that physical reality exists irrespective of a subjective reality to observe it.
- It is reasonable to believe: Reality is subjectively recognized in the mind and all levels of inner consciousness before it is projected to form our commonly known physical reality.
It is Reasonable to believe in the physically unseen!
I have previously shared the following according to study.
Seth Material and Bible:
- Subjective reality is reflected in all the constructed objects of physical reality. Reality is known subjectively before it is projected into physical reality to be sensed by the brain’s five senses.
- We create subjective reality according to the thoughts of our mind and a consciousness that is known as inner consciousness.
- Our mind and inner consciousness is a gestalt of consciousness, composed of the consciousness of all the individual units of energy we recognize beneath “all that is” known of reality.
- The smallest unit of energy is a unit of consciousness, consciousness unit or “CU”.
- CU’s are each conscious of their own unique and individual identities.
- Energy possesses:
- a conscious awareness of its environment.
- an ability to direct and focus that consciousness to uniquely distinguish a unique identity.
- an inherent ability to discern a preference and
- This ability to discern a preference and direct its consciousness toward the prefered is what enables it to distinguish a unique individual identity, and self from non-self.
- that the energy of individual CU’s oscillate within a field of infinite potentiality collapsing to form individual units of electromagnetic particulate energy or “EE’s” before being registered by our body’s five senses and brain and returning to the field of infinite potentiality before cooperating in other physical constructions at multiple frequencies per second.
- The sensings of all physical consciousness occur at the EE level along with each EE gestalt that combines its sensings to form larger psychological combinations of sensings at the quanta, atom, molecular, cellular, organ, body and mass levels of consciousness.
Energy = Consciousness just as Matter = Energy (as in E=MC2)
- All we know of as physical reality are mental constructs, projections of our inner realities.
- We each (by this I mean the EE’s forming the gestalt we know of as our selves) project or construct our own personal realities. There are two distinct construction types.
- Primary constructions –
- these we create according to our beliefs (of what we’ve chosen to be conscious of) and the intensity of the emotions and expectations we associate with those beliefs.
- are constructed by the individual CU’s of inner consciousness; the gestalts we identify as our personal self’s as well as the inner consciousnesses of all the objects we recognize within “all that is” reality.
- are chosen to be constructed per the conscious choices of intellect and ego. These choice are made as we use them to decide – what is:
- 1) worthy of conscious observation, and
- 2) most probable (ie; what if observed would be most in harmony, or most in agreement with our current view of conscious reality and what we identify as real).
And when desire sparks creativity: What is most expected consistent with reality. Ie; What is most likely expected of the currently probable of evolving into our next experience of reality (evolving in terms of causality [cause & effect], space and time).
- In deciding what is most expected, the ego and intellect have some degree of control in deciding what is most expected by the fact they decide what is gathered in the collection of observed references. They also decide what is the value of the references collected during evaluation and in so doing, they decide the direction to focus attention next.
- In choosing what is to be consciously observed and choosing what is to be evaluated and choosing the values assigned in evaluating our expectations of most probable, the conscious mind has a powerful influence for directing our primary constructions in the direction they discern prefered.
- Secondary constructions –
- These we call secondary even though inner consciousness also creates them.
- They are called secondary because they are (re)created by us according to the creativity of other contributing individuals. Others communicate to us of how they would interact with us and how they would join with us if we decide to allow them into our choice of primary constructions.
Their suggestions however are only secondary contributions. We are the ONLY ones ultimately deciding what is incorporated into our primary constructions.
- We receive communications from others in our dreams, and via telepathy, and inner sensings that allow our constructions the added perspective of their creative ideas even though they can NOT directly project their primary constructions into our personal realities (our primary constructions of experienced reality).
- Units of Consciousness and Law of Attraction
- All CU’s possess an innate ability and inner sense allowing them to attract the thoughts and ideas of other CU’s and of course those of the gestalts in which they participate.
- The ability to attract the thoughts and ideas of others is what is known as the universal Law of Attraction, and the idea behind the charge of Jesus:
Seek and you will find, ask and you’ll receive, knock and the door will be opened.
- Primary constructions –
The Reality of Being
Lately, I’ve been contemplating: Subjective reality is where our being uniquely observes or experiences being the self we identify with, the self that experiences the observations we call being.
- We create our personal realities according to our beliefs of what we experience as we observe our experiences.
- We create our physical reality as expressions of our fuller subjective reality’s experience, expressions of our subjective being.
Subjective Reality and the Individual
Reality is distinguished into the major divisions of objective and subjective. One can hardly study much Seth material without being required to conclude what the terms mean and how they differ from each other in order to understand Seth.
At first attempt we may try to interpret Seth’s words in terms of ones’ attitude toward reality. Ie; whether or not a person is being subjective or objective in their view of reality.
However, one can not read much before it becomes obvious that subjectivity and objectivity are NOT what Seth is referring to when he speaks of subjective and objective reality. They are not distinguished by our attitudes seeking to eliminate feelings nor does one become objective when the masses of human consciousness and scientific instruments appear to confirm our interpretation are unbiased and determined without subjective prejudice or emotional attachment.
Seth’s Objective reality may be better understood in terms of what we call physical reality. Objective reality is what we consider real with in the physical universe, the universe observed by the five senses of the body.
Subjective reality would then be better understood in terms of what we call non-physical reality. Subjective reality is what we consider real within the non-physical universe, the universe of the mind sensing the sensations of the five physical senses but also the sensations of the inner senses and the inner self.
However, even these subjective and objective definitions begin to blur as we consider the internalized experiences we have as we interact with physical objects in the physical universe. We may call these physical events, but they represent experiences within the mind of the observer and subjective reality.
It is difficult to distinguish between what we observe as a physical event and what we interpret as our experience in that event. Many have attempted to again bring in the concepts of subjectivity and objectivity as if introducing them some how adds distinction or identifies a distinctive difference separating the interaction with a physical object from the subjective experience of that interaction.
Yet, in the end, the very distinguishing whether a persons attitude is subjective or objective is in itself a matter of subjective interpretation and no matter how unbiased and objective the description, it is a personal interpretation within the mind of the observer and a subjective assessment of subjective reality.
If we recognize that there is NO physical event that isn’t subjective, then maybe we can grasp the realization that there is ONLY subjective reality and the physical universe is just information subjectively manipulated to appear as sensed physically.
Subjective reality then in this context refers to the personal experience one mentally projects as physical objective reality. And of course, it also includes the experiences one has within the inner realities of the mind.
- Our perspectives toward Objective reality (physical reality) are formed within our subjective reality and we are only conscious of our experiences in objective reality when they are observed or noticed within our subjective reality.
- All experience is subjective and observed within subjective reality regardless if the experience is of a physical object or event.
- It may be noticed that a purely subjective experience can not be express without the expression being achieved through creation of a fictional object and separating that object from the experience and calling the identified portion perceiving the experience our self.
- We pretend to create a mental construction distinguishing separation from an event observed even though in actual subjective reality no such separation exists.
In subjective reality, we simply experience being, we do not experience observing an object self having or experiencing an external event.
In subjective reality we simply experience events, like the experience of basking in the sun at the beach or at the park. We just feel it! The experience of the event IS our being. We simply are, simply, I AM the event.
We only have a self experiencing the sun when we create a mental construct pretending there is a self experiencing an external sun. In actuality, we simply subjectively observe being. But we don’t even observe something as outside shinning on our body, we experience being aware of it all like being in the sun and in the body and in the warmth and in the light or conscious of being conscious of it.
It is very difficult to describe the purely subjective because to express something is to create a mental reconstruction of that something so it can be passed to another while we retain what we want to pass on.
The only mental constructions that can be passed on are symbolic objects, representations of the thing we want to express. In order to communicate or express we must objectify our experience of being conscious and create an analogous metaphor or symbol to represent what we want to communicate. All the while we’re knowing the object or symbol isn’t actually the experience we trying to express. It is just a different perspective, one that can be communicated or passed on.
For the purpose of expression, we objectify our being as an object separate from the event experienced. In my attempt to express this idea, I have no choice but to use objects and events in my expressions. I can not communicate the experience of being in the sun and feeling the warmth upon the body without objectifying the experience and breaking it down into objective components and events hoping that you the reader can identify with the true experience of subjective being. All along we know these words expressed do NOT provide the experience I am trying to express.
Objective expression provides only a variation of perspective that we hope engenders a response in the recipient similar to that which we experienced originally. Yet we know expression is an objective perspective and different from the subjective experience being expounded.
- We create mental constructions ONLY and ALWAYS for the purpose of expression. Objective expressions are created to provide another perspective that can when contemplated engender similar experience.
- Subjective reality is what is purely experienced and is best identified by what we feel BEFORE trying to express it in words to ourselves or to another individual.
- In subjective reality, the self IS the experience and the experience of the Observer is what is Observed. The observer experiences the vitality of individual being and in actuality the state of the observers cognition of experience is that is being observed.
- In subjective experience, an individual being can not be separated from the environment in which the event is discerned as being. Being only exists because it is conscious of being aware of the events we call experience.
- We recognize an objective individual and the objectified individuality of being ONLY in so far as we discriminantly identify with a limited part of our being aware and mentally construct and adopt a perspective of limits between the self and experience.
Essentially we identify a limited portion of “all that is”, a portion of our psychological knowing, as an observing knowing object and then we identify it as “I” or call it “self”.
- Then adopting frame of reference, that which is beyond self, that which is “known” by self, the in the specific knowing of “self”, we identify that which is beyond the limit of self as “non-self”.
Portions of non-self
- A portion of non-self, that which we can psychologically consider as capable of having individual perspectives or frames of reference, we identify as separate objects like people, places and things (nouns).
- Other portions of our awareness can not be objectively identified. Those portions we consider as NOT having individual perspectives, we identify as objective characteristics or attributes of the identified object nouns.
- Yet others portions of our awareness that do not appear to easily lend to being objectified, yet we objectify them as unique and individual abstract concept.
- While all these limit setting objectifications are purely arbitrary and highly subjective choices, the identification of these limits are merely responses to our innate ability to discern a preference as part of our conscious awareness.
We prefer one part and call it self and that which we do not prefer to identify with we call “non-self”.
- In attempting to separate the self from all that is, the experience from the environment of all that is experienced, we are discerning:
Choice to perceive ourselves from a different perspective adds value to our being.
We purposely create an imagined point of view or frame of reference (FOR) in which we mentally construct or project an idea of the observer as outside of the experience and then we are able to objectively describe what is observed and experienced from that new perspective. The variations of perspective add perceived value and depth to our experience of being.
Identity Is All that Is
- We are a portion of all that is and it is only to the extent that we discriminate a portion of “All that Is”, as our being, that we establish our individuality. Yet that individual self is nothing less than a portion, fragment, segment of conscious awareness provided by the essence of awareness permeating “all that is”. We are always a part of the great conscious gestalt formed of “All that Is” subjectively known.
- It is this great pyramide gestalt that most closely aligns with our myths and ideas of the God by or within which all have been created and have their being.
- With this conscious awareness, we selectively discriminate portions of awareness that are within and that which is beyond the being of God.
- We could even say, God, In order to express his discrimination, called that which is within, his child, us, or our individual selves.
God expressed the individual characteristics of his self and called it OUR identity, even though those characteristics were merely his objective attributes created, enumerated or defined for expression and were NOT the fuller self of God, being, or observer that was truly experiencing the observation of the creative thought.
Subjective Reality and Science
Subjective reality is unique to the individual and the experiences of humanity are highly variable when compared between individuals. It is so highly variable between individuals that in the study disciple we call “science”, subjective experience is given almost no place and treated with disdain if cited along with objective information. Science goes to great lengths to ignore, eliminate and remove the subjective experience in its attempt to study, describe and understand the reality of our physical universe.
Quandary of the Quantum
Yet, every explanation and description of science must be subjectively interpreted and experienced by the student of science before the purpose or objective of scientific objectivism is achieved. Then here, once again, scientific understanding is met with various and different human experiences in the recognition of its findings and its significance. Hence we find so many various expressions and interpretations of quantum physics findings .
The experience of learning and understanding from science IS after all subjective and so it is highly variable between each student/scientist. Without an audience to receive the significance and meaning of science, science is irrelevant to the human being and all of humanity. These experiences science purposefully chooses to ignore. Science pretends it doesn’t exist in order to be objective.
However, it is this variableness of subjective experience that drives the science of quantum physics into a quandary. As the science of quantum physics seeks to understand the most minute material of our physical universe, it is being forced to recognize the integral influence and effect the observer has upon the observed. At the level of the smallest quanta, the particle can be observed transitioning between the particulate state normally recognized from the objective perspective and the wave field form recognized as the field of infinite potentiality belonging to the variable subjective state of the observer prior to its collapse to the singular potential recognized as particulate.
In these observations and in attempting to explain them objectively, science is being forced to recognize that the observer plays an integral part, that the observer and his choice of subjective perspective can NOT be separated from the observed as it attempts to explain the variableness observed in the quanta of quantum physics when different perspectives are used. (See the double slit experiment and the problem with measurement.)
In actuality, I recognize and believe the surprising observations of quantum experiments that have been cited since the turn of the 20th century are due to the fact science is observing the transitioning that occurs between the CU’s state of infinite potentiality and their EE counter-parts collapsed particulate state. They are realizing that no observable object or event found in physical reality has any significance, until it is experienced, measured or observed by an observer. Until it is measured, the particulate object doesn’t exists and at the same time appears to exist in multiple locals until a particular attribute IS subjectively measured. Quantum physics has clearly documented, the observers choice of perspective affects the outcome of the measurements it observes.
The fact is, no physical object exists that isn’t first imagined and expected (identifying a frame of reference (FOR) or perspective we intend to focus upon to observe its existence) to exist realistically.
We can’t escape the fact, every observation or measurement described in physics requires an observer and the science of quantum physics is being forced to recognize the observer changes the measurements observed simply by choosing the tool, perspective to use and the attribute to be observed.
If there is an observer and there is an event to be measured, the observers choice of perspective or the tool for measurement actually affects the outcome of observation. Hence physicists have been forced to reexamine; If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and there is no one to observe it, the falling tree makes no sound.
We create our own realities
In fact, besides making no sound, the tree didn’t even fall. If the tree didn’t fall in the subjective mind of an observer somewhere, then there is no physical reality projected in which the tree falls or makes a sound.
We create our Physical reality as an Expression of our Subjective Reality
- As we choose the events of subjective reality to observe and understand more completely, we recognize the value of different perspectives and so express our subject events into different frames of reference expanding our perspectives. We psychologically construct and project these constructions in order to perceive our subjective events with the psychologically enhanced objective perspective.
- Yet subjective reality, as observed in the events and objects of physical reality, is but a reflection we psychologically construct to project into a different frame of reference (FOR) in order for us to realize the value of perceiving those subjective events with an added dimension of perspective.
Dreams, Evolution and Value Fulfillment
Gospel of Thomas, part of the Nag Hammadi Library found in 1945, dating back to the 2nd century AD, shows the subjective ~ objective world controversy was very much alive.
Here we see that Jesus believed the subjective “Spirit” brings forth the body, and NOT as the world believes; that subjective consciousness came into being because of our physical bodies.
If the flesh came into being because of spirit,
it is a marvel,
but if spirit came into being because of body,
it is a marvel of marvels.
Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell
in this poverty.
All the variations known as the universe of reality are according to what is believed:
Mark 9:23-24 (KJV)
23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.
The Father, Son and You are ONE
The Creators of the physical universe, you, I and All that Is are ONE:
John 14:8-11 (KJV)
8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.
John 14:16-17 (KJV)
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:20 (KJV)
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
John 14:26 (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 17:20-24 (NASB)
20 “I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word;
21 that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.
22 “The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one;
23 I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.
24 “Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.
If your leaders tell you, “Look, the kingdom is in heaven,”
then the birds of heaven will precede you.
If they say to you, “It’s in the sea,”
then the fish will precede you.
But the kingdom is inside you and it is outside you.
When you know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will understand that you are children of the living father.
But if you do not know yourselves,
then you dwell in poverty and you are poverty.
His students said,
Show us the place where you are.
We must seek it.
He said to them,
Whoever has ears should hear.
There is light within a person of light
and it shines on the whole world.
If it does not shine it is dark.
Where there are three deities,
they are divine.
Where there are two or one,
I am with that one.
The Blog: The Universe Solved posted an interesting article with some interesting links to supporting material. See the following or click on the above link to see the entire article.
Fundamentally, one cannot prove the existence of an objective reality. We can only infer its properties through observations, which of course, are subjective. However, it may be possible to prove that objective reality doesn’t exist, if, for example, it can be shown that the properties inferred via a particular observer fundamentally contradict properties inferred via another observer. But even then those inferences may be hopelessly subjective. Suppose person A sees a car as red and person B sees the same car as green. We can’t conclude that there is no objective reality because person B could simply have an unusual filter somewhere between the car and the seat of their consciousness.
What if we can use some sort of high-precision reproducible measurement apparatus to make some observations on reality and find that under certain controlled circumstances, reality changes depending on some parameter that appears to be disconnected to the reality itself? There are a lot of qualifiers and imperfections in that question – like “high (vs. infinite) precision” and “appears” – but what comes to mind is the well-known double slit experiment. In 1998, researchers at the Weizmann Institute of Science, demonstrated that reality shifts depending on the amount of observation, even if the “observer” is a completely non-intrusive device. IQOQI upped the ante in terms of precision in 2008 by showing that objective reality doesn’t exist to a certainly of 80 orders of magnitude (probability of being false due to error or chance = 1E-80). That’s good enough for me. And, in 2012, Dr. Dean Radin conducted what appear to be well-designed and rigorous scientific experiments that show to a high probability that conscious intent can directly alter the results of the double slit experiment. Just as it only takes one white crow to prove that not all crows are black, it only takes one experiment that demonstrates the non-existence of objective reality to prove that objective reality is an illusion.